5 Reasons Why You Should Watch Jab Tak Hai Jaan Over Son Of Sardar
1. Original Story: Jab Tak Hai Jaan has original story which is shown beautifully. Though the story is lengthy and dragging, it gives sense/meaning. JTHJ is a beautiful love story which is well depicted. While Son Of Sardar is remake of Telugu movie Maryada Ramanna. The Telugu version is far more better than Hindi.
2. Beautiful Picturisation: Jab Tak Hai Jaan’s picturisation is very beautiful. This is a known fact that Yash Chopra’s films are visual treat which remains in audience heart for long time. Here also he has proved the same, as he has not left any stone unturned to woo the audience.
Places like Kashmir (Srinagar, Pahalgam and Gulmarg), Ladakh and London, were shown very beautifully. While in Son Of Sardar few scenes looks artificial, the starting scene, where Ajay Devgn rides the horse, looks so artificial.
3. No Senseless Comedy: Jab Tak Hai Jaan has not made fun of any community and jokes are believable. Though few jokes are on Englishmen, it’s believable. But in Son Of Sardar, the jokes takes dig at Sardars and they are so senseless that you don’t even feel like laughing…not even smiling. You can only get frustrated with the joke and smile.
4. Wonderful Performance By Actors: In JTHJ, Shahrukh Khan and Anushka are just marvelous, they are outstanding. Anushka is charming. Katrina’s acting has improved a lot though not perfect. Must say that Katrina was “Not Wooden (in expressions) at all”. She looks very beautiful and sexy in the movie. While in SOS, Ajay sometimes looks good, but not perfect. His Bol Bachachan role was better.
Sonakshi seems to have repeated the role as in previous movies. I can say this, “Ajay & Tanuja had made fun of themselves, Can only watch Sanjay Dutt and Juhi Chawla in this movie…baaki saab bekar-which include everything.”
5. Song and Dance: In JTHJ, songs are written by Gulzar and music is given by AR Rehman, so obviously the songs have to be good. thought the songs don’t remain for long time, it can be considered, not as that of SOS, which was just average.
Special Mention: In JTHJ, Katrina Kaif looked breath taking in ‘Ishq Shava’ as it was the best, mind blowing dance she had ever done. Even Sharukh was good in all songs. Anushka Sharma in ‘Jiya re’ is very energetic. While in SOS, Sonashi has done few tapori steps, it’s again a repetition from her previous movies like Rowdy Rathore, OMG! Oh My God (Go Govinda)… Ajay had tried to dance but looks very funny.